Sunday, September 16, 2012

Kumquat and Trixie's DC Adventures, Day 1

I picked Trixie and her husband at the airport Tuesday night. I *might* have squealed with joy when I saw her (and her HOT pink pants!!). After dropping them off at their DC hotel, getting stuck in the DuPont traffic circle, I headed home to try and sleep - but I was too excited :)

The next morning, I picked Trixie up at the Metro and we headed to Reston Town Center, one of my favorite places. Trixie had to return her broken iPad, and I knew some of her favorite stores were there, so it was a perfect place to spend the day shopping. We hit up J.Crew and got matching sparkle headbands, looked unsuccessfully for these TOMS, drooled over everything in anthropologie, and got the iPad replaced for only $50 (thank you Apple care!). By the time we finished all that, we were STARVING and Trixie wanted some Thai. We saw a place as we were parking, and set out to find it. Instead of turning right, we went left around the block. After making it the entire way around the block, we pulled out our phones to see what went wrong. While we BOTH stood, phone in hand, looking for this restaurant, I happened to glance up - we were standing right in front of it! Laughing, we went inside and had some of the best Thai food EVER. Oh my gosh. It was amazing.

After we left Reston, we headed to the mall near my house and spent some time in Forever 21 making fun of the ridiculousness that it can be.

We then went to Wegmans, a favorite of both Trixie and I. When we lived in Syracuse, I would often go with Trixie. It brought back many good memories and we also got her husband some of the granola he loves :)

The day went by too quickly but it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment