Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Austenland

(I am not an unbiased reviewer of this film.  I have family ties to this so don't hate me)


Austenland, a movie based on the book similarly titled by Shannon Hale, comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray today!  The film is rated PG-13.

I cannot write a review that will do it justice so go rent it. Actually, go buy it. I know you'll love it.  If you've seen Napoleon Dynamite or Nacho Libre and love them, Austenland screenplay was co-written and directed by Jerusha Hess.  This chick flick is silly, kickin good time fun.  See with your girl friends.  Have a night in with junk food and watch this gem of a film.  Keri Russell plays an Austen fanatic so well.  Jennifer Coolidge is once again a comedic goddess and has fabulous one liners throughout.  Georgia King plays a fabulous part as a comical Austen-era lady.  The 4 leading men, JJ Feild (my personal FAV), Bret McKenzie, James Callis and Ricky Whittle set the screen ablaze with each of the men wooing in their own way.  Brooding, flirtatious, hilariously ridiculous and shirtless respectively.  jane Seymour. What can I say?  Such a lady.





Please support this film.  I promise you will love it.

xoxo,
june


No comments:

Post a Comment