Monday, April 7, 2014

My go-to beauty products




It takes me forever to get ready in the morning. Part of this is because I spend the first 20 minutes after waking up trying to wake up. But the main reason is I love my makeup and products. Here are so of my must haves:

1. Illamasqua Nail Polish
Great formula, long lasting. Its a touch expensive, but in my opinion, totally worth it.

2. Urban Decay Eye shadows
Urban Decay is by far my favorite makeup brand. They have great colors, great quality, and new products all the time -- which is important for a beauty addict like me! I love the colors of their eye shadows.

3. Urban Decay Primer Potion
This is a daily MUST have -- it keeps your eye shadow bright and perfect all day long. I can run a 5K and my eye shadow stays in place thanks to this gem.

4. Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color 
I have not patience for lip color that doesn't last. Or lip color with eh color payoff. Once again, I turn to Urban Decay. And hot pink lip color? What could be better?

5. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Balm
Last summer I almost had a panic attack when my local Bath and Body Works were out of stock -- and they stayed out of stock for months. This has been my lip balm for years. I don't know what I would ever do without it. Which is why I buy it 3-6 at a time!

6. Body Shop Brushes
For the past few years, the Body Shop has had a brush set that they sell at an incredible value (I think its $20-30). They are synthetic so they are cruelty free. But also importantly, they are great makeup brushes.

7. Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
I bought this on a whim one visit, but I'm now in love. Used once a week, it gets rid of all my dead skin and leave me glowing!

8. Philosophy Peppermint Stick Shower Gel
I'm obsessed with peppermint -- anyway I can get it -- food especially, but also the scent. Every year around Christmas, Philosophy comes out with a new version of a peppermint body wash. I usually buy 2-3 and use it all year. This year, I only happened to grab one and now I'm so sad I'll run out in a month.

9. MAC Blot Pressed Powder
I wouldn't make it through the humid hot DC winters without this. It keeps the shine at bay.

10. Bumble and bumble Thickening Hair Spray and Straight Blow Dry
I have practically no hair. Its thin, and there is not much there. I try and trick everyone into thinking I have hair with these miracle products.

No comments:

Post a Comment