Friday, February 8, 2013

Let's make a deal!

I don't ever recall my mother being a bargain shopper.  Well bargains, in this case being: yard sales, thrift stores, etc.  She was good for good deals on food (typical Asian mother) but we never shopped at thrift stores or yard sales, even when money was tight while growing up or even after my parents divorced.  So for me, shopping yard sales, thrift stores, or even places like TJ Maxx or Ross are difficult at times because I never learned the patience that's required for deal hunting.  I also get easily discouraged if I immediately don't find what I'm looking for.  I have friends who live in thrift stores and they find AMAZING things.  I'd like to find some amazing things.  But I do, at this moment, feel my luck is changing.  Maybe it's karma's way of repaying me after a horrible week or maybe I'm becoming more patient with it.  But now that I've mentioned it here, it may turn sour again.   I always blamed my bad bargain luck on the fact that "I was just meant to pay full price".  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, no I ADORE a great deal.  I'm just picky.  Who says you have to settle with a deal?

Well, here's to hoping my luck continues.  At least with deal hunting.

(See the next post for details on my finds this week!)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you found!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally terrible at thrift shopping/deal finding. It has to be obvious and easy. I hope your luck continues... and maybe rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete